Labels

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Barges

Out of my window looking in the night
I can see the barges flickering light
Silently flows the river to the sea
And the barges do go silently.

*Barges, I would like to go with you
I would like to sail the ocean blue
Barges, have you treasure in your hold?
Do you fight with pirates brave and bold?*

Out of my window looking in the night
I can see the barges flickering light
Starboard shines green and port is glowing red
I can see the barges far ahead

*Chorus*

How my heart longs to sail away with you
As you sail across the ocean blue
But I must stay beside my window dear
And watch you sail away from here

*Chorus*

Away from my window on into thr night
I will watch till they are out of sight
Taking their cargo far across the sea
I wish that some day they'd take me.

*Chorus*

No comments:

Post a Comment