Labels

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Rocky

Long about my eighteenth year, we met four springs ago
She was shy and had a fear of things she did not know
But we got it on together, in such a special way,
Held each other close at night and traded dreams each day
She said, "Rocky I've never been in love before...

*Don't know if I can do it.
If you let me lean on you take your hand,
I know that I'll get through it, through it."
I said, "Baby, oh sweet baby, it's love that sets us free.
God knows if the world should end, your love is safe with me."*

We bought and old grey house and then, you wouldn't believe the way
We'd work at night to fix it up, took classes in the day
Painting walls and sipping wine, sleeping on the floor
So much love for just two people, till we found there'd be one more
and she said "Rocky I've never had a baby before...

*Chorus*

Well, we had lots of problems then
But we had lots of fun
Like the crazy party, when our little girl turned one
We were proud and satisfied, live had so much to give
Until the day she told me, she didn't have long to live
And she said, "Rocky, I've never had to die before,

*Chorus*

Now it's back to two again, the little girl and I
Who looks so much like her sweet mother, it sometimes makes me cry
I sleep alone at night again and I walk alone each day
Sometimes when I'm about to give in I hear her sweet voice say
She says, "Rocky, I know you've been alone before
I know that you can do it.
I'll let you lean on me, take my hand
I'll know that you'll get through it, through it,"
She says, "Baby, oh sweet baby, it's love that sets us free,
God knows if the world should end, you're love is safe with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment