Labels

Friday, June 5, 2009

Today

*Today while the blossom still clings to the vine
I'll taste your strawberries I'll drink your sweet wine
A million tomorrows shall all pass away
Ere I forget all the joys that are mine, today.*

I'll be a dandy and I'll be a rover
You'll know who I am by the song that I sing
I'll feast at your table I'll sleep in your clover
Who cares what tomorrow may bring.

*Chorus*

I can't be contented with yesterday's glories
I can't live on promises winter til spring
Today is my moment and now is my story
I'll laugh and I'll cry and I'll sing.

*Chorus*

Don't cry cuz our story has come to an ending
We don't write the stories we only play parts
And while one is ending
Another is pending
Another will live in our hearts

*Chorus*

I can't live with memories of yesterday's sorrows
I won't let the pain of my past rule my days
This morning I found you asleep in the meadow
I'll be your love for today.

*Chorus*

JMG version:

*Today in the springtime of your life and mine
The dark green and black of our hearts will entwine
JMG campers, forever we'll be
Bonded together by true JMG loyalty*

Campcraft and sisterhood that is our song
Blended with pride in the JMG name
And when our summer is over and gone
Each one will remember this song...

*Chorus*

No comments:

Post a Comment